A Passage to an Adage...

An outlet for my creative expression, musings, odd witty remarks, reviews & resignations, inane/insane ramblings and my latest attempt to publicly eradicate my arch enemy, the evil 'procrastination.'

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

If I were rich you might call me eccentric. Alas I am not so I guess i'll settle for crazzzy.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Forward thinking...


I'm an observer. I like to watch life, but I don't like to watch life go by. I'm someone who enjoys living in the moment, thriving on the spontaneous and trying to figure out the sublteties and mysteries of life from one minute/hour/day to the next. When I think of the future I think mostly about the potential held in the next 7 days. Anything beyond the next week loses stature and importance in my minds eye. Don't get me wrong! I have my hopes and dreams, my plans and goals, and there are many things that i'd like to acheive that could potentially take years to realise or see come into fruition. BUT. ...and that's a big 'but' people! I don't like to waste time worrying about it. Do I worry? Of course I do. I find though that, in my own experience, worry always takes and it never gives back. I see a lot of people who invest so much of themselves in 'tomorrow' that they can't find time for today and what it holds.

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matt 6:26
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own. Matt 6:34

So, what, you ask is a good alternative to worrying? I'd say the best alternative and probable cure to the 'worries' is prayer. I defiantely am someone who needs to practice what I preach, yet everytime I take a care or concern to prayer (which I don't do often enough) rather than fret about it, any challenge or obstacle in life doesn't seem so daunting or overwhelming.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6,7

I think if 'worry' could be packaged and sold you would probably find a warning regarding the potential side affects. It might look something like this:

Warning: Any use of this product may result in you feeling one or all of the following symptoms: Shortness of breath, heart palpitations, cold sweats, headaches, nausea, insomnia, tics, and possibly diarrhoea.

Don't worry, be happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home