A Passage to an Adage...

An outlet for my creative expression, musings, odd witty remarks, reviews & resignations, inane/insane ramblings and my latest attempt to publicly eradicate my arch enemy, the evil 'procrastination.'

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

If I were rich you might call me eccentric. Alas I am not so I guess i'll settle for crazzzy.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Day 4




Today, I learned that the color of advent is "purple." This is the color of pentinence and fasting as well as the color of royalty to welcome the advent of the king. Purple is still used in catholic churches and is also the color of suffering used during lent. This points to the important connection between Jesus' birth and death and the purpose of Jesus coming into the world (the word became flesh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home